Friday, April 13, 2012

Ghealach Friday Irwin





















How could you not love this adorable face? This lovely young lady showed up in our forest a week ago, dirty and emaciated. We fed her, brushed her, made her comfortable, and took her to the doctor. She weighed just 4 lbs and her bones were sticking out all over. She spends most of her time asleep on her warm and soft sheepskin, recuperating. She has to have antibiotics twice a day, but she gets yummy treats afterwards. We are still finding ticks and tick bites, but we deal with those as they come. I love this little thing, she's given me something to take care of.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

She is, indeed, lovely. I find that I am somewhat inadvertently turning into a cat person. Not enough to want another when Cricket-the-Cat goes to the great litterbox in the sky. But I am enjoying him.

klunker said...

So glad you found each other!

Mokihana said...

Bless you for rescuing her!! You really did save her from an awful life!

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I'm so happy you recognised that she had come to you for help and security. I firmly believe that there is a cats-read-only notice outside every home, indicating where food may be hoped for, and, conversely, where it is not advisable even to show your face.

Give her all the love she needs and a bit more. I suspect she'll give you something you needed too.